The program is held at CHBC and includes the following components:
- The teacher has a Michigan Teaching Certificate with an Early Childhood Endorsement
- Four days per week (Monday through Thursday) from 8:15 am to 3:15 pm.
- Two Home Visits per year
- Two Parent/Teacher Conferences per year
- Parent Involvement Activities
Crestwood GSRP Mission Statement:
The Crestwood GSRP exists to provide developmentally appropriate practices in a safe and nurturing environment. We believe that every child deserves a quality education and therefore are dedicated to promoting the social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development in each individual we interact with. Our goal is to foster a desire to be life-long learners and responsible citizens in each of our children.
Who is Eligible for GSRP?
- Must be in district to attend Crestwood Schools to apply for GSRP
- Age Requirement: Must be age 4 on or before September 1, 2017
- Must attend an interview to determine possible risk factors to be considered for enrollment
- Family Income is the main factor in determining eligibility
- Students will be admitted into the program pending funding
- Each child and/or family must have qualifying risk factors to be considered for enrollment.
Risk Factors for Eligibility
- Low Family Income
- Diagnosed Disability
- Identified Developmental Delay
- Severe or Challenging Behavior
- Primary Language other than English
- Parents with Low Educational Attainment
- Abuse/Neglect of Child or Parent
- Environmental Risk Factors
- Parental Loss
- Sibling Issues
- Teen Parents
- Family is Homeless or Without Stable Housing
- Reside in a High-Risk Neighborhood
- Prenatal or Postnatal Exposure to Toxicants
Parents must call to schedule an interview, 313-278-8427
**Once eligibility is determined, children will be selected for the program based on the greatest need first. Once all slots are full, other students will be placed on the waiting list.