Student Code of Conduct
Riding a school bus is a privilege and convenience for students and
their parents; as such everyone accepts certain responsibilities to
ensure student safety while utilizing this service. Students and
parents are advised that the Crestwood School District student code of
conduct will be enforced relevant to student behavior on the school
bus. The school will cooperate with parents and law enforcement
agencies relevant to behavior to, from, and while on the bus and at
It is the responsibility of each parent to:
1. Know where your child’s
assigned bus stop is located.
2. Know your child’s Route #.
3. Make sure your child knows and follows the rules.
4. Have the student(s) at the bus stop at least five minutes ahead
of the scheduled stop time.
5. Teach your child how to walk to and from the bus stop.
6. Be courteous and respectful of neighboring homes if taking your
child to the bus stop.
While waiting for the bus, students are responsible for:
1. Getting on and off at his/her
assigned bus stop.
2. Riding only his/her assigned bus
3. Arriving at his/her bus stop five minutes before scheduled pick
4. Knowing how to walk to and from the bus stop.
5. Staying off of lawns, porches, and driveways and out of the
6. Not damaging or littering surrounding property.
7. Lining up 6 feet from the curb, single file.
8. Not approaching the bus until it has come to a complete stop and
the door is opened.
9. Respecting others at all times.
While on the bus, students are
responsible for following the rules
1. Do not engage in disturbances
that distract the driver and remain seated at all time. Students are
to sit back-to-back, bottom-to-bottom, facing the front of the bus.
Failure to do so jeopardizes student safety.
2. Keep the aisles clear at all times
3. Observe classroom conduct while on the bus.
4. Speak in a low tone of voice.
5. No “rough housing”, pushing, hitting, or throwing things.
6. No drinking, eating or chewing gum on the bus is allowed.
7. Foul or obscene language and/or gestures are not permitted.
8. No smoking on the bus.
9. All items must be in backpack/bag, and be held on your lap,
including band instruments.
10. Cell Phone use is discouraged and if necessary should be used in a
When arriving at school students are expected to:
1. Leave the bus in an orderly manner.
When departing from the bus at your stop going home:
1. Once off the bus, move well away from the side of the bus. Beware
of the “Danger Zones” around the bus
2. Cross the street in front of the bus going corner to corner. No
Bus Disciplinary Procedure
No warning will be given for any action that impairs the safety of
riders or driver.
1st Violation Warning, Conference with Principal
2nd Violation One to three days off the bus (Amount of days will
depend on the severity of the incident).
3rd Violation Ten days off the bus.
4th Violation One month off the bus.
5th Violation Off the bus for the remainder of the school year.