Student Registration & Enrollment
BOARD OF EDUCATION HOURS
- Monday through Friday 7:30 AM to 3:00 PM
Please call 313-278-0906 to set up an appointment!
Crestwood School District is Now Enrolling for the 2022-2023 School Year
Registration for fall enrollment begins in January each year. Crestwood School District Enrollment is based on residency. Please call 313-278-0906 if you have a question about your address being inside Crestwood's boundaries.
For further questions or concerns please call the number below or Send us a message.
Ready for Kindergarten?
Recent legislation has changed the kindergarten entry age. The entry age has gradually changed to require children to be 5 years old by September 1st.
A child who resides in a public school district or public school academy providing kindergarten may enroll if the child is at least 5 years of age on September 1st.
Senate Bill 315 (S-2): Revised School Code. Waiver may be available for students turning 5 between September 1 – December 1.
Items Needed for Enrollment
- Health Appraisal Form
- Immunization Requirements from the Michigan Department of Community Health
- Request for Academic and Discipline Records applicable for grades 5 - 8
- Request for Academic and Discipline Records applicable for grades 9 - 12
- Request for Student Records
- Proof of Residency - see below for criteria
- An original birth certificate for each child.*
*Parents/guardians whose last name is not the same as that of their child(ren) must also provide proof of their relationship to the child(ren), i.e. marriage license, birth certificate, Probate Court Guardianship Papers, etc., in addition to proof of residency.
Proof of Residency
The following information MUST BE PROVIDED by the parent/guardian at the time of pre-enrollment.
If the parent/guardian is living with a “host” family, the following applies:
- The “host” family needs to provide items listed under Proof of Residency listed below
- The parent/guardian needs to provide a Driver’s License/State ID and two current monthly bills (see Proof of Residency listed below)
Please provide ONE of the following forms of Identification:
- Driver's License (Showing parent/guardian name and address within district)
- State ID (Showing parent/guardian name and address within district)
- Passport (temporarily accepted until driver’s license or state ID is received)
- Other (contact the Board of Education for questions)
Proof of Residency
Four (4) current proofs, with the name and address of parent, legal guardian, or host. If you receive your statements/bills online, you must print your most recent statement/bill and bring the printed copy with you to your appointment.
|ORIGINAL of ONE||ORIGINAL of THREE|
You must bring in an Original of One of the following:
You must bring in an Three Current* Originals of the following:
NOTE - Your landlord must fill out the Landlord Affidavit, and have it notarized with a raised seal and stamp.
- landlord's information
- beginning & ending dates
- ALL occupants in the household
Forms and Resources
Request for Student Records
Crestwood's Standard Proof of Residency requirements
Crestwood's Standard Proof of Residency requirements Arabic version
Health Appraisal Form
Immunization Requirements from the Michigan Department of Community Health
Request for Academic and Discipline Records applicable for grades 5 - 8
Request for Academic and Discipline Records applicable for grades 9 - 12
Birth Certificate Assistance
Internet Acceptable Use Policy
Remember to Enroll
It is strongly recommended that children are enrolled as soon as possible, after January 1, for the Fall.
Contact 313-278-0906 with questions.