Scholarship Application Instructions:
Please read the scholarship applications below to see who to submit your scholarships to and the due date.
- When emailing scholarships, please attach your completed application as one PDF attachment.
- If you need to submit the application to the CHS guidance counselor secretary, you will need to email Mrs. Diana Nasreddine at firstname.lastname@example.org by the due date.
Letter of Recommendation Request Etiquette:
- Request letters of recommendation- ONLY IF the Scholarship requires it.
- Please email and ASK the teacher first if they are willing to write you a letter.
- Request letters at least two weeks in advance of the due date. This ensures your teacher will have enough time to write your letter. DO NOT ask them for a letter last minute.
- If you invite your teachers to submit online by entering their email. Make sure you have the correct email address and make sure you asked them to write the letter prior to adding their email address.
The “Believe” Scholarship
Amount: (1) $500 Deadline: March 1
Any CHS senior may apply. This "Believe" Scholarship application, completed, one letter of recommendation from a teacher and an essay are required. This scholarship may be renewable.
Brooke Bolley Scholarship
Amount: (1) $1000.00 Deadline: March 1
Any CHS senior may apply. This Brooke Bolley Scholarship application, completed, one letter of recommendation from a teacher and an essay are required. See application for full details.
Michael Hartnett Memorial Scholarship
Amount: (1) - $400.00 DEADLINE: March 1st, 2021
Any CHS senior may apply.
2021 Michael Hartnett Memorial Scholarship Flyer Cover letter and an essay are required. See flyer for details.
The Glen Owen Helka Memorial Scholarship
Amount: (1) $1000 Deadline: Submit complete packet to Mrs. Ray, (email@example.com), by Wednesday, March 5, 2021, at 2:30 p.m.
Any CHS senior may apply. Complete packet includes cover letter, transcript, list of activities and community service, two letters of recommendation and an essay.
See this Glen Owen Helka Scholarship information sheet for complete details.
The Rotary Club of Dearborn Heights
is offering scholarships for college bound students from Dearborn Heights.
Amount: (1) $500.00 Deadline: April 1
See this Cover Letter for details
This Rotary Club Scholarship application, completed, 3.0 GPA and one letter of recommendation from a teacher/counselor must be received by the Dearborn Heights Rotary Club on or before the due date. This scholarship may be renewable.
Dearborn Heights Rotary Club Website
Advice about Letters of Recommendation - Who should you ask?
Recommendation Letter Request Form Print and fill out by hand
CollegeBoard College Search
Fast Web! Scholarship Search - A personalized scholarship search is available to everyone
Winning Scholarship Essay Tips - Essay writing advice