Great Start Readiness Program Free 4 Year Old Preschool
Developed under a grant awarded by the Michigan Department of Education.
The program is held at CHBC and includes the following components:
- The teacher has a Michigan Teaching Certificate with an Early Childhood Endorsement
- Four days per week (Monday through Thursday) from 8:15 am to 3:15 pm.
- Two Home Visits per year
- Two Parent/Teacher Conferences per year
- Parent Involvement Activities
Crestwood Great Start Readiness Program Mission Statement:
The Crestwood Great Start Readiness Program exists to provide developmentally appropriate practices in a safe and nurturing environment. We believe that every child deserves a quality education and therefore are dedicated to promoting the social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development in each individual we interact with. Our goal is to foster a desire to be life-long learners and responsible citizens in each of our children.
Who is Eligible for Great Start Readiness Program?
- Age Requirement: Must be age 4 on or before December 1, 2019 (Priority is given to children who will be 4 years old by September 1, 2019.)
- Must attend an interview to determine possible risk factors to be considered for enrollment
- Family Income is the main factor in determining eligibility
- Students will be admitted into the program pending funding
- Each child and/or family must have qualifying eligibility factors to be considered for enrollment.
- Low Family Income
- Diagnosed Disability
- Identified Developmental Delay
- Severe or Challenging Behavior
- Primary Language other than English
- Parents with Low Educational Attainment
- Abuse/Neglect of Child or Parent
- Environmental Risk Factors
- Parental Loss
- Sibling Issues
- Teen Parents
- Family is Homeless or Without Stable Housing
- Reside in a High-Risk Neighborhood
- Prenatal or Postnatal Exposure to Toxicants
Parents must call to schedule an interview, 313-278-8427
**Once eligibility for Great Start Readiness Program is determined, children will be selected for the program based on the greatest need first. Once all slots are full, other students will be placed on the waiting list.
Contact the School Age Child Care (SACC) Office, for more information or to schedule an interview. Please leave a message at 313-278-8427, and someone will call you back.
To speak with someone in Arabic, please call 313-274-3058, and someone will call you back.
The SACC Office, GSRP & Preschool Programs
CHBC Educational Wing
Southwest corner of Gulley Road and Wilson
Dearborn Heights, MI 48127